Monday, July 16, 2007


The Lord's Gym

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there,


It's a beautiful monday, so I thought I would write and tell you about it. I was just thinking about my day so far today, and I can't believe that I was up at 6:30am and headed to the gym, of all places, at 7 am. My roommate Buster and I have been going to Planet Fitness (good gym) 4 or 5 times a week. It is really good for me. Please continue to pray that I will have the strength and ambition to go with him each time. See, Buster is HUGE. He is a house, and puts me to shame. My arms and legs are sticks. Some of my friends joke around and say that I have little british arms and legs. Who knows? So, the gym it is. I admit that it has felt kind of good, but it does get pretty tiring at times. I know thats to be expected because in 2 Timothy 2:3-4 it says,

"
Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier."


From my studies of this passage, these couple of verses mean so much more than just to be strong for Jesus. It reminds me that everything won't be easy, but I will be pleasing the one who chose me to be a soldier. I'm part of the Lord's Gym, or some may say, the Lord's Army. I'm sure you would remember the song, "I may never march in the infantry, ride in the cavalry, shoot the artillery. I may never zoom or' the enemy, cause I'm in the Lord's army.". Don't mind me. I'm just reliving old childhood memories.


Going to the gym has reminded me that I need to be part of His gym, keeping myself pure and strong and wise for His glory. How do you feel about that? Please continue to pray about my possible move to Georgia. I want to do His Will, and I'm excited about the possibility, but, its still a nervous. Everything seems to keep falling into place. They even have a job lined up down there for me. MAN! I love it when the Lord works. Well, have a great day. Enjoy the SON in the sun.

Jared

No comments: